Originally from nomnompaleo.com
- 2½ pounds boneless beef chuck roast cut into 1½- to 2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ½ cup roasted tomato salsa
- ½ cup bone broth
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine cubed beef, chili powder, and salt.
Press the “Sauté” button on your Instant Pot and add the oil to the cooking insert. Add onions to melted fat, saute until translucent.
Stir in the tomato paste and garlic, and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Toss in the seasoned beef.
Pour in the salsa, stock, and fish sauce.
Cover and lock the lid.
Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button on the Instant Pot. Press the “Meat/Stew” button to switch to the pressure cooking mode.
When the stew is finished cooking, the Instant Pot will switch automatically to a “Keep Warm” mode.
Notes: I served this with a side of rice. I should have also made a veggie, next time that will help round out the meal.