- 1 cup cooked yucca root, cut into ½” cubes (To cook: boil yucca in water, reduce heat, cover with lid, and simmer for 10 minutes or until fork tender)
- 3 Tb fat of choice
- 2 cups cooked beef roast or corned beef, chopped
- 1½ cups cooked beets, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 cup cooked assorted vegetables, like carrots, onions, mushrooms, etc. (optional)
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup leftover cooking liquid, beef broth, or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place 3 Tb oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add yucca cubes and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- In a large bowl, add beef, beets, any cooked vegetables desired, and dried thyme. Stir well to combine. If mixture looks a little dry, moisten with any leftover cooking liquid from the beef. Can also use beef broth or water.
- Add mixture to the yucca in skillet, stir well and allow to heat throughout. Spread evenly in pan and let a brown crust form on bottom. Turn over to brown other side.
- Serve with eggs and/or a salad, if desired.