Not sure where i originally found this one, if you know, drop it in the comments and I can update my page : )
Prep time: 30 minutes Cooking time: ~5-6 hours
4-5 pound organic Kosher chicken
2 tablespoons of ghee
2 onions, chopped medium
6 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon tomato paste
¼ cup chicken stock
¼ cup white wine (replace with ¼ cup chicken stock if on the Whole30)
Sunny Paris seasoning (or your favorite seasoning)
Freshly ground pepper
1. Remove chicken from the fridge and remove any giblets from the cavity. Dry the chicken and season it liberally (inside and out) with salt, pepper, and Sunny Paris seasoning.
2. Melt the ghee in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and sauté the onions, garlic, and tomato paste until the aromatics are softened and lightly browned (around 8-10 minutes). Season the veggies with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Deglaze the pan with the wine and chicken stock and transfer everything to the slow cooker.
4. Place the chicken breast side down in the slow cooker, put on the cover, and set it to cook on low for 4-6 hours.
5. When the chicken is finished cooking, take it out of the slow cooker and let it rest for 20 minutes.
6. Defat the braising sauce, check for seasoning, and blend it with an immersion blender to make delicious gravy.