Not sure where I originally found this one, if you know, drop it in the comments and I can update my page : )
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 14-ounce can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 teaspoons red Thai curry paste
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, quartered
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring every 2 or 3 minutes, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, broth and curry paste to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is just tender, about 4 minutes. Add the tofu, green beans and brown sugar; return to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the green beans are tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in lime juice and salt. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: 348 calories; 16 g fat ( 6 g sat , 4 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 13 g protein;7 g fiber; 451 mg sodium; 578 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (400% daily value), Vitamin C (45% dv), Calcium (25% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 2 fat