- 1lb breakfast sausage (no sugar added)
- 1 sweet potato
- 4oz button mushrooms (I used half a container of sliced button mushrooms)
- ½ yellow onion, peeled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5-6 slices of bacon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place your bacon slices in a pan over medium heat. Cook on both sides until crispy, place on a paper towel to soak up the excess fat and cool, then dice up into small pieces that would fit well in meatballs. Duh.
- Place your sweet potato in a food processor with the shredding attachment. Shred your sweet potato, remove contents, then shred it once more. You want it pretty fine.
- Then shred your onion and mushrooms in the same container with the sweet potato that was shredded twice.
- Add your sweet potato, mushrooms, and yellow onion to a bowl along with your breakfast sausage, maple syrup, garlic clove, diced bacon, and salt and pepper and mix well. Your hands are your best tools.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet then start making your meatballs.
- What is helpful is using an ice cream scoop so they are all the same size. Roll the scooped out balls in your hands and place on a baking sheet. Repeat until all your ingredients are gone.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until meatballs are golden brown and completely cooked through. Be sure to check one before you turn the oven off!
- Pair your breakfast meatballs with Steve’s PaleoKrunch Cereal and some almond milk!