Not sure where I originally found this one, if you know, drop it in the comments and I can update my page : )
What you need:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, 3 to 4 pounds.
- 1 can of coconut milk, room temperature, well shaken.
- 1/4 cup of water if using a full-fat coconut milk.
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of red curry paste. I recommend the Paleo friendlyThai Kitchen red curry paste.
- 4 to 6 whole garlic cloves, optional.
How you make it:
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half the short way. A serrated knife helps if you are unsure about cutting a hard squash.
- Scoop out the seeds from the inside of your squash halves. I suggest you save them to oven roast them!
- Poke holes into the tops of your squash halves with a fork, at about 4 different points.
- Pour your coconut milk (and water if using full fat coconut milk) into your crock pot, and add your curry paste (and garlic cloves if you are using them).
- Mix your curry paste into your coconut milk until it is dissolved.
- Place your squash halves open/cut side down into your coconut curry mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. I recommend 4 since I like some texture to the fibers of my spaghetti squash.
- Remove your squash halves from your crock pot (warning they will be hot!) and use a large fork to scoop them out into a large bowl.
- Once your squash is removed into a bowl, add as much or as little of the coconut curry mixture remaining in your slow cooker and stir well.
- If you included garlic cloves, mash them up and mix them in well.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!