Not sure where I originally found this one, if you know, drop it in the comments and I can update my page : )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large brown or yellow onion, thinly slices
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 can of whole tomatoes in juices
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout (or other Moroccan spice blend)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili pepper/cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- cilantro to garnish
Pour the olive oil into the slow cooker. Add in the sliced onion, carrot and eggplant. Pour the tomatoes over and scatter on spices and seasonings. Give it a quick stir and turn on your slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4. Serve with fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.