Not sure where I originally found this one, if you know, drop it in the comments and I can update my page : )
What you’ll need
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 12-ounce bag broccoli coleslaw mix (we used Mann’s brand), or other toppings
- Flour tortillas or flatbread (use substitute method for paleo, aip, and gluten free, or even lettuce)
How to make it
- Place the diced onion in the slow cooker. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, place it on top of the onions, and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken and onions to a medium bowl and shred the meat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, honey, and ginger, then stir the mixture into the shredded chicken and onion.
- Place a small handful of broccoli slaw on a warm tortilla, add several spoonfuls of the chicken mixture, and roll up. Makes 6 to 8 rolls.