Not sure where I originally found this one, if you know, drop it in the comments and I can update my page : )
- 22/3 tsps olive oil
- 2/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
- 102/3 ozs sauce (can tomato)
- 2 tsps chili (chipotle, in adobo sauce, or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 20 ozs black beans (can, rinsed and drained)
- 191/3 ozs diced tomatoes (can petite)
- 22/3 cups frozen corn
- 11/3 tsps cumin
- 2/3 tsp dried oregano
- 211/3 ozs skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
- 1/3 cup scallions (chopped, for topping)
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- fat free sour cream (optional)
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and chipotle adobo sauce and bring to a boil. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Pour into crock pot.
To the crockpot, add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir.Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste. Serve in bowls and top with fat free sour cream, cheese, scallions and cilantro. You can also top with avocado or crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!