- 2 ripe but firm avocados, pits removed*
- 2 teaspoon (6 g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon (4 g) fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) black pepper
- 1/3 cup (43 g) arrowroot (tapioca) flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon (15 mL) water
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) stone ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups (27 g) crushed pork rinds
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C), and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the avocados in half, and carefully remove the pit. (To do that, place the avocado on a cutting board, and gently but firmly thwack the pit with a knife, then twist.) Cut each half into three or four slices, and set them aside.
- You’ll need three small bowls for the dipping stations. In the first, combine the arrowroot and half the seasonings. In the second, combine the beaten egg, water and mustard. In the third, combine the pork rinds and the other half of the seasonings.
- Dip the avocado slices into the arrowroot, then the eggs, then the pork rinds. Lay them on the baking sheet. When they’re all dipped, bake the avocado fries for 10 to 12 minutes, then flip and bake another 2 to 4 minutes. They’re best enjoyed while they’re fresh!