To make kale chips, however, there are a few key points to keep in mind:
- The kale leaves must be SUPER DRY.
- Bake the kale at 350°F.
- Cook the chips for 12 minutes.
- Salt AFTER the kale chips are out of the oven.
- 2 bunches of kale
- 1-2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- fleur de sel or your favorite seasoning salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, remove the leaves from the stems and wash the leaves well in a few changes of water. (The stuff I buy from the farmer’s market is often dirty. I don’t know about you, but I find that chips taste better sans dirt.)
Then, in small batches, spin the leaves dry in a salad spinner.